oldwarrenpointforum

Making people late for appointments since 2007
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:01 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:44 pm 

I think this is one of the legendary 'lost' photo's of the Forum from 2007, if it is not I still think it is a great photo and worth presenting again.
Back row; Tommy Tohill; Seamus 'Homer' Murphy; Thomas McGuigan RIP; Charlie 'Chuck' McCreery.
Front row; Kevin 'Darky' Dinsmore; Don Magill.

My thanks to Charlie McCreery for the photo, and for the great craic he provides me with when I collide with him around the shore in the mornings.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:54 am 
VIP
VIP

dukestreet wrote:
I think this is one of the legendary 'lost' photo's of the Forum from 2007, if it is not I still think it is a great photo and worth presenting again.Back row; Tommy Tohill; Seamus 'Homer' Murphy; Thomas McGuigan RIP; Charlie 'Chuck' McCreery.
Front row; Kevin 'Darky' Dinsmore; Don Magill.
My thanks to Charlie McCreery for the photo, and for the great craic he provides me with when I collide with him around the shore in the mornings.

Legendary is right dukestreet...as was the "skiffle hut" as we called it! I have this photo from the earlier posting but I think this is a better copy.
BTW- at this time (late 50s) Kevin was known as "Vano", I was unaware his nickname had changed to "Darky" until I joined this forum!
Apart from skiffle, the hut is memorable for several "legendary" liaisons which shall remain secret to protect the participants!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:16 pm 
VIP
VIP

Oh my word that brings back memories!! ;)

Like b&b said I never knew Kevin as Darky. It was either Vano or to give
his Sunday version of it - Kavanchea!! :rotfl:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:07 pm 
VIP
VIP

bornandbred wrote:
Apart from skiffle, the hut is memorable for several "legendary" liaisons which shall remain secret to protect the participants!

:shocked: :shocked: :roll: :nonono: :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:14 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I re-hosted the photo as attachments can't be viewed by non members - I must just get around to re-hosting the others but its going to take a while :-C

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:30 pm 
VIP
VIP

I like this photo.
I thought I may have posted it on the
Forum sometime ago.
I never knew Kevin as "darky" either.
Only as "Vano".
Where do these nicknames come from?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:37 pm 

I agree I always called him Vano, but that nick-name 'Darky' was from his time in the fire service, or Reeds, I think.
Yes about those 'legendary liasons' from the hut, Homer Murphy recounted some of them to me just last week, when I met him around the shore.
Members of this forum were indeed mentioned.
I remember Vano playing in goals for Clonallon Gardens in the back field on really bad days, in the late 1950's. The thing that stands out for me was he would dive into the muck, even when he didn't have to dive. He would be completely covered in mud, back then I thought he was the greatest goal-keeper I had ever seen.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:44 pm 
VIP
VIP

dukestreet wrote:
I agree I always called him Vano, but that nick-name 'Darky' was from his time in the fire service, or Reeds, I think.
Yes about those 'legendary liasons' from the hut, Homer Murphy recounted some of them to me just last week, when I met him around the shore.
Members of this forum were indeed mentioned.
I remember Vano playing in goals for Clonallon Gardens in the back field on really bad days, in the late 1950's. The thing that stands out for me was he would dive into the muck, even when he didn't have to dive. He would be completely covered in mud, back then I thought he was the greatest goal-keeper I had ever seen.

I hope he wasn't too indiscreet....... he's in trouble anyway for snitching! :shocked: :))

According to Sean those football matches lasted all day - half time was when you were called for your dinner!