Point Musicians

This section is for video, audio and any other multimedia files from the recent past - older videos Anything from 2000 on - including 8mm, Super8, and VHS etc have their own dedicated section in the main forum.
traveling wilbury

Point Musicians

#1 Post by traveling wilbury » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:02 pm

Heres a link to a youtube video of two point men, recording a tune written by themselves about rostrevor in the 1850's,
recorded in Clark Sorley Studios,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pzHF-6buLo[/youtube]

dukestreet

Re: Point Musicians

#2 Post by dukestreet » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:01 pm

Great stuff from the Connolly boys of Essmore, and Ardallan Park before that. :-):-) :cheers: >:d<

maria
My real name: Maria

#3 Post by maria » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:46 pm

Really enjoyed that.......hard to believe thats Nigel with Shaun :-):-)

patMG07
My real name: an unusual name...McGivern !

#4 Post by patMG07 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:25 pm

Brilliant...I'm ashamed to say I didn't realise my old school pal Shaun had such a musical talent ...great song and great arrangement !!!! :-):-) :-):-)

Jones Hill

#5 Post by Jones Hill » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:09 am

Bravo Bravo Nigel and Sean..really enjoyed this .. hope you are both keeping well. [ Up The Villa!]

joanne
My real name: Joanne McStay

#6 Post by joanne » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:28 am

Well done boys,I had forgotten about Nigel :shocked: If anyone had asked ,I would have named the Connolly boys as Roger,Shaun and Kenneth.

herecomestheCONGO
VIP
VIP

#7 Post by herecomestheCONGO » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:20 pm

maria wrote:hard to believe thats Nigel with Shaun :-):-)

Its a long time since I have spoken to Nigel..I can remember many years ago, Nigel was one of the few to have a digital watch in School and some afternoons in Mr Markeys P5 class (especially when the subject was Maths), we would countdown the last hour of School on his watch! Hoping that for some reason the time would pass quicker!! :D

the gap
My real name: Art Gallagher

#8 Post by the gap » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:31 pm

Any more? I enjoyed that :clapping: :clapping:

traveling wilbury

#9 Post by traveling wilbury » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:08 pm

Thanks for your comments, i remember that congo,a long trime ago. Myself and shaun are really glad you enjoyed the song,more to follow soon.(up the villa)

Jones Hill

#10 Post by Jones Hill » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:02 am

herecomestheCONGO wrote:
maria wrote:hard to believe thats Nigel with Shaun :-):-)

Its a long time since I have spoken to Nigel..I can remember many years ago, Nigel was one of the few to have a digital watch in School and some afternoons in Mr Markeys P5 class (especially when the subject was Maths), we would countdown the last hour of School on his watch! Hoping that for some reason the time would pass quicker!! :D
My word HCTC, Nigel and yourself where very hi tech..I recall in the old St Peter's there was a clock on the wall outside Sandy McDonalds class [ just above the milk crates in the days of free milk]..in my primary one year, Mai McGivern [ lovely woman who for some reason thought I could read the clock ~x( ] used to send me up of an afternoon to check if it was near "home time" [wasn't that the most joyous term when you where at school "home time "].. a period of blind panic usually set in and thus I prayed for a chance meeting with some older lads hovering in or around Ted Bradley's classroom,these lads would happily aquiesce to my enquiry "can you tell me what time it is please" and supplied with same, a song in my heart I practically skipped back down the marble hallway,ready to bask in the glow of further praise from Mai,and having happily decided given my status I would relieve Joe Larmour forthwith of the twelve piece jig saw he had been hogging since we arrived that September.. best laid plans etc .. I well recall how one day I encountered two older muckers from Forth/Iveagh Avenue, Mickey Smyth [RIP] and big Ambrose Sherry..the two boys as mischievous as ever quickly assessed my dilemma,and when I asked them what time it was,they told me it was twenty past four [it was actually about ten to two!]..when I reported back to Mai the myth of me being a child prodigy was exposed and that particular portfolio was whisked from my hand,never to be returned [ further indignity followed when Joe seizing the opportunity to take full advantage of my demotion retrieved the twelve piece jig saw with what I recall at the time as being indecent haste!].This was to be the first of many occassions over the years when a congress with Mickey and Ambrose served to provide me with less than accurate info!..Nigel tell Shaun that big brother Roger is barely an ounce over his best playing weight and is delighted with the arrival of Alex McLeish at Villa Park.... look forward to more from Shaun and yourself.

Return to “The multimedia section”