Slieve Doan

This section is for video, audio and any other multimedia files from the recent past - older videos Anything from 2000 on - including 8mm, Super8, and VHS etc have their own dedicated section in the main forum.
Connor Sweeney

Slieve Doan

#1 Post by Connor Sweeney » Sat May 21, 2016 4:06 pm

Slieve Doan in the Mountains of Mourne

Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sleeve Doan

#2 Post by Brian » Sat May 21, 2016 8:58 pm

Like that one as well - although the lengths you are going to for these selfies is getting a bit extreme ;)

Connor Sweeney

#3 Post by Connor Sweeney » Sun May 22, 2016 12:02 pm

Ha ha - nice one Brian. I'm doing Cairn2Cairn - a follow on from Cairnuary, organised by Dr Henry McLaughlin from Rostrevor.

It's great - he puts up two mountain grid references each month and those taking part have to climb up and take a selfie and post that in the C2C page. I take the quad with me in a back pack and if the weather is reasonably ok, I throw her up to make a wee clip. Yesterday was touch and go as we were 'just' below the cloud line and it was really windy. It doesn't look it from the clip though. It's always much windier up in the mountains than on the ground.

I'm getting to see places that I've never been before. Doan was an absolute pleasure to climb; not too steep and a decent enough path to follow.I've never been up there before so it was really nice to see the scenery.

'Highly' recommended!

xpaddy

#4 Post by xpaddy » Sun May 22, 2016 3:17 pm

Another nice one.
The view from the top is
breathtaking.
I love to see the mist coming down
over the Mountains.

Marion

Re: Slieve Doan

#5 Post by Marion » Tue May 24, 2016 8:10 am