oldwarrenpointforum

It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:42 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
East Coast Adventure Centre is currently investing considerable time and money into the refurbishment of Warrenpoint Baths, the base for all our water sports activity. The work is being carried out in a bid to upgrade facilities for our customers and clean up the overall appearance of the Baths. However, despite our best efforts some people in our community are determined to deface the baths and in turn Warrenpoint. We arrived this morning to find the recently painted walls facing the Whistledown “tagged” with the name BARRY.

It is up to all of us to keep an eye on the baths and report any suspicious activity. If you see kids or anyone for that matter in the baths after hours or when the gates are closed, please call the police. If you see anyone causing damage or drinking around or near the Baths, again call the police.

If anyone has any information regarding this incident they should contact crime stoppers immediately.

0800 555 111

or the local non emergency line

0845 600 8000

Ian Cumming
Director – East Coast Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:00 pm 

Just keep painting is the answer I'm afraid to say Barry and his crew will get the message over time.
Well done not just on the painting but the work done cleaning up around that area has it was bad :thumbs: :thumbs: .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hopefully - it's very disheartening when the community and local business people put work into the building (as you yourself know only too well) and then somebody thinks it's ok to deface it - Mind you, there will be people about down there a lot more often very soon - watch this space as they say ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:02 pm 

shouldn't be too hard to work out who did it :shocked: ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:09 pm 

Now iam not trying to be a smart arse here but i ask you now who among us in this forum was a saint when we were running about the point.AS THE BIBLE SAYS, need i say more. The point is it happens we must deal with it,when it is kids then the parents have to pay the fine if the courts are involved and alot of these parents can,t afford the fine.If you find out who Barry is make him paint over it but ffs do not hound the kid for life.Ramie Kelly once said to me after the kids knocked down fresh built wallS on the site at the Bridle Loanan.Whats the point Art? i can bring them to court but it,s the parents that have to pay,many of these people i grew up with. We can also return to the dayswhen arse holes and thugs take are kids out and shoot them for A.S.B:What about calling on the kids to paint that part of the baths using the theme windsurfing or other water sports.YA WANA PAINT MY WALL WE DO IT TOGETHER;This is your logo and invite to these kids. USE THE LOCAL PAPERS:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We already did that Art, there are 2 murals inside the baths painted by school kids - and I have to say since we did that there has been very little anti social behaviour down there - most of the kids in the town are actually very well behaved and certainly don't deserve to be discredited by one or two bad ones. Anyway, this was done outside, and I doubt very much it was a child that did it. The area that occurred in is used by drinkers and is a wee "den" for them to avoid being seen from the road. Anyway, there is also the slight probability that "Barry" is not the name of the person that painted that.

And to answer your question, I dare say I was fairly close to a saint as I knew if I did anything wrong I would have been kicked from one side of Church street to the other :rotfl:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:57 pm 

Brian wrote:
We already did that Art, there are 2 murals inside the baths painted by school kids - and I have to say since we did that there has been very little anti social behaviour down there - most of the kids in the town are actually very well behaved and certainly don't deserve to be discredited by one or two bad ones. Anyway, this was done outside, and I doubt very much it was a child that did it. The area that occurred in is used by drinkers and is a wee "den" for them to avoid being seen from the road. Anyway, there is also the slight probability that "Barry" is not the name of the person that painted that.

And to answer your question, I dare say I was fairly close to a saint as I knew if I did anything wrong I would have been kicked from one side of Church street to the other :rotfl:

I tell you now Brian it must have been an awful thing to have parents that would give us a clip around the ear.And i always liked your mum :angry: bold Mummy. :rotfl:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:12 pm 

With all due respect Brian i think there is a few( i hope) years between the kids in and outside the baths painting wise as far as far as i remember the kids mural was from primary school kids.GET the teenagers intrested

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:19 pm 

Joanne could the Barry be Briege doing a flip out job after a meal in the Whistledown :rotfl: PM PM PM :rotfl:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:14 pm 

whitestar wrote:
shouldn't be too hard to work out who did it :shocked: ;)

:rotfl: I remember in the 70s i painted the wall below the Whistledown with Republican slogans(No REGRETS) only to be told of by people who knew what an A inside G was :rotfl: always good to sign out. :D Plus the guys on the patrol boat in the lough could watch an Irish Rolf Harris ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:52 pm 

I believe there is a graffiti proof paint, washes clean with a garden hose.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:18 pm 

Thye kids have plenty of money to deface the property, also to find the funds to buy alcohol and other items???? Surely they could pay their own fines....

"If you do the crime, prepare to do the time".... It just takes one to be made an example of..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:05 pm 
VIP
VIP

Saint Ged! The town was covered with your black marker years ago!! "Ged 83" :stirpot:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:09 pm 
VIP
VIP

Art`s idea of themed graffiti painting is a good move..whenever the teenagers put up their work, I could nearly guarantee they would`nt let anyone come along and deface it...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:01 pm 

That is awful when that happens.
I wouldn't think that was the name of the
culprit, unless he is trying to get someone
else blamed.
Hopefully it won't happen again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:12 pm 

herecomestheCONGO wrote:
Art`s idea of themed graffiti painting is a good move..whenever the teenagers put up their work, I could nearly guarantee they would`nt let anyone come along and deface it...

Fools names are like their faces.

Always seen in public places. (That's an oldie)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:40 pm 

I'm raging at this......I would walk past most days and always look out to see if theres any interference. And just so I don't sound po-faced I loved the Ged '83 comment from HCTC ! :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:36 am 

A job for some super sleuth. Its unlikely that the culprit will be located but, should the locals get lucky and find out who the artist is, he/she should be publicly watched doing the clean-up. It is a little disheartening for the people who endeavour to keep the building in good condition.