oldwarrenpointforum

Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring so I go back to being myself
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

elpels64 wrote:
I have a question for anyone who has the answer HOW DO I GO ABOUT ADDING PICTURES ON HERE TKS.

Liebra Malocca

Liebra, there are tutorials here:

http://www.oldwarrenpointforum.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=2

alternatively you can simply attach them (I prefer files no bigger than 1Mb and/or 1024 pixels across but I can edit any that are too big) If you have a photo ready to upload simply start a new post in the section you think it should be in and down below where you type the text you will see "upload attachment" simply click "browse" click on the photo you want and press submit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:40 pm 

Hi Aveen, Sorry i missed your last forum communication. You have great parents, and my friends for over fifty years. I communicate with your parents occasionally. You had a wonderful aunt Eva.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:40 pm 

New member here from rostrevor .. some might say the better side of Moygannon :)) :)) or blow in .. and who wishes to remains
anonymous for security reasons.. :thumbs: .. no point in taking away all the fun from members who want to become sherlock....
or miss marple.so good luck and plenty of ;--) ..... PS .great site . thanks Brian and every one else

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:09 pm 

woodchip wrote:
New member here from rostrevor .. some might say the better side of Moygannon :)) :)) or blow in .. and who wishes to remains
anonymous for security reasons.. :thumbs: .. no point in taking away all the fun from members who want to become sherlock....
or miss marple.so good luck and plenty of ;--) ..... PS .great site . thanks Brian and every one else

You can't fool us Point people Woodchip ;) .If you want to remain anonymous on this forum you make sure your name isn't included in your email address :rotfl:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:52 pm 

joanne wrote:
woodchip wrote:

You can't fool us Point people Woodchip ;) .If you want to remain anonymous on this forum you make sure your name isn't included in your email address :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: Classic, Joanne your a gem :--)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:52 pm 

DOH' ::-(( ::-(( NOW MISS MARPLE..... CAN YOU PUT A FACE TO THE NAME .....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:47 pm 

ok.. just had alook at faces of forum members ..... joanne have you clocked..... whistledown .. I Think ...or i could be barking up
the wrong tree.... :)) :)) any way surounded by point people where i live ... 1 from pinewood....1 from springfield. rd.. and a MR
theo Mc Givran.. not sure spelt wright .... let them look at the forum ,,,big mistake can't get them of ... :)) :))

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:25 am 

Hi Liam......can't put a face to the name yet but you have me clocked all right :D Feel free to introduce yourself if you happen to spot me around,or why don't you add your photo to the faces of forum members :camera:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:02 pm 

ok joanne , when i see you around i will introduce myself ... also if i run into other members when im
out and obout i will say hello, if i can remember there faces... as for adding my own photo :camera:
to shy :D for that

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:05 pm 

Hi everyone,im new to this site ive strong ties and many happy memories spent in Warrenpoint.
I live in Belfast so any chance i get to spend a few hours there i take as often as i can,thanks to all for posting
your beautiful photos one of my grandmother i will treasure.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:28 am 

felice5 wrote:
Hi everyone,im new to this site ive strong ties and many happy memories spent in Warrenpoint.
I live in Belfast so any chance i get to spend a few hours there i take as often as i can,thanks to all for posting

Welcome to the forum felice5,what Warrenpoint families are you connected to?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:23 pm 

joanne wrote:
felice5 wrote:

Welcome to the forum felice5,what Warrenpoint families are you connected to?

:thank you: Hi Joanne and thankyou so much for welcoming me onto this fab forum,i spent every summer in the Genoa Cafe
with my grandmother Felice Cafolla my aunt Netta Cafolla,aunt Sheila and my uncle Frank Magliocco,grannys nephew but to me
my uncle.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:56 pm 

Welcome Felice5 to the Forum,the Genoa I HAVE to visit when I go Home on holidays.........I just LOVE the NOUGAT WAFERS....after We have a Fish and Chip,(a must have),My Husband and I sit in the cafe for the fish and chips then we order the nougat wafers and walk round to the Promenade,take the nougat wafer at our leisure as we take in the magnificent scenery (that we really didn't appreciate when we lived there) It's just H..e..a..v..e..n, ...........................The Cafolla's really set a HIGH standard in their buisness,probably the reason it's still going today....hard to beat!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:45 am 

mdhughw wrote:
Welcome Felice5 to the Forum,the Genoa I HAVE to visit when I go Home on holidays.........I just LOVE the NOUGAT WAFERS....after We have a Fish and Chip,(a must have),My Husband and I sit in the cafe for the fish and chips then we order the nougat wafers and walk round to the Promenade,take the nougat wafer at our leisure as we take in the magnificent scenery (that we really didn't appreciate when we lived there) It's just H..e..a..v..e..n, ...........................The Cafolla's really set a HIGH standard in their buisness,probably the reason it's still going today....hard to beat!

:iagree: Thankyou for the welcome mdhughw,im delighted to be part of this forum.My last visit to Warrenpoint was around August
and due to work commitments i dont get the chance to visit as often as id like,hopefully within the next 2 weeks i can be in the Point
first call will be The Genoa then a long walk along the Promenade if we stay untill dinner time it will be The Whistledown for dinner
as we got a beautiful meal there last time .Thankyou for your kind comment on my familys high standards they most certainly had
those.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:05 am 

Felice5...if you happen to be in the Whistledown for food during the day(12 to 5) on a Monday,Tuesday,Thursday or Saturday,I will probably be serving you so make sure you say hello :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:12 pm 

joanne wrote:
Felice5...if you happen to be in the Whistledown for food during the day(12 to 5) on a Monday,Tuesday,Thursday or Saturday,I will probably be serving you so make sure you say hello :D

:--) Thankyou Joanne i sure will saying hello to you sometime soon i hope:)

Post subject: caufields
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:18 am 

hi, my name is kevin and i am from the isle of man, i am related to the cuafields, mae (maria) being my grandmother

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:47 am 

hi Kevin,
Your Dad, John, was my cousin and he spent a lot of time in Warrenpoint as a child, teenager, and in his twenties. There are photographs of him and posts about him on the site, and also a lot of info on your great grandparents,(my grandparents), John Thomas and Mary Anne Caulfield of 14 Thomas Street, Warrenpoint. Contact me directly if you want any info. welcome to the forum. Peter Hughes

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:37 pm 

thankyou, i used to visit the point in the summer with john and his mum mae. that would have been early 80's ish. i believe there are still a few family living there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:04 pm 

Born Warrenpoint at my Granny McGuigan's Post Office St. Daddy was Christy youngest son of Tommy and Mary McGuigan (grandparents). Went to Bessbrook then Newry. Was in Warrenpoint Pantos up to 1963 when we left for Liverpool.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:27 pm 

Hi Joan , good to see you on here .................................

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:22 am 

Welcome to the forum Joan - good to hear from you xxx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:50 am 

felice5 wrote:
joanne wrote:

:--) Thankyou Joanne i sure will saying hello to you sometime soon i hope:)

:thank you: Hi Joanne, Thankyou for the 1st Class Service we got yesterday was great to meet you and chat, your directions paid of a treat found what I was looking for :genius:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20