Some more old baths pictures

This is the home for any photographs or articles concerning this fine old Edwardian building.
Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Some more old baths pictures

#1 Post by Brian » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:48 pm

Pictures supplied by Brian McKinley

tufty

Re: Some more old baths pictures

#2 Post by tufty » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:12 am

Brilliant pics. I see the summer weather was the same ;)

joanne
My real name: Joanne McStay

#3 Post by joanne » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:26 am

Fantastic pictures.......especially the first two!!!!
The first photo takes me right back to the summers of my childhood,feeling the heat of the sun as I emerged,FREEZING,from the ladies changing rooms.No matter how warm it was outside the changing rooms always seemed cold and wet.Having to put on a soaking wet costume didn't help.......we were always told to hang our swimming costumes out to dry when we came home, but there were always so many other things to do...........
Approaching the pool,the sun glistened on the water and I could hear the shreaks and squeals of people having fun.Some days I would run down the wall and jump in close to the 8ft? ladder,on other days it was down the steps into the baby pool and walk out until it was deep enough to swim.
I can almost picture myself sitting on those seats afterwards with a towel around my shoulders @-->>
Great days......thanks to Brian McKinley for sharing these wonderful photos :thank you:

Isn't it strange the way the memory blocks out the bad weather :rotfl:

Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by Brian » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:39 am

They are great photos :D I also have it on good authority that the person in the first photo is in fact Brian McKinley himself :D

Eugene

#5 Post by Eugene » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:16 pm

Brian wrote:They are great photos :D I also have it on good authority that the person in the first photo is in fact Brian McKinley himself :D
Wouldn't argue with that.......looks like Brian!!

Liz

#6 Post by Liz » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:36 pm

Like Joanne, the first photo re kindles many memories of happy days spent at the baths.
Thank you Brian for sharing them with us :-):-)

xpaddy

#7 Post by xpaddy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:46 am

Lovely old photos.
I particularly like the one of
the waves hitting up against the
Bath wall.
Looks pretty rough.

Topdeck

#8 Post by Topdeck » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:31 am

Lovely photographs brings back so many happy memories......I love the photo of the waves crashing against the baths wall,Iloved it when the sea was rough and lots of big waves to jump into.(maybe not that big).On a sunny day after swimming, Iwould sit on the topdeck with my pineapple cream bun, bought in kelly's shop in Queens street. They got their pastries delivered from the Mourne bakery in Kilkeel and they were delicious. Eating my bun and listening to Donny Osmond and David Cassidy records being played ,it was bliss. :--)

Liz

#9 Post by Liz » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:34 pm

Topdeck wrote: listening to Donny Osmond and David Cassidy records being played ,it was bliss. :--)
Donny Osmond & David Cassidy..........................................my two favourites of that era also topdeck @-->> :-):-)
have we got a 'swooning' smilie Brian? :D

greengreengrass

#10 Post by greengreengrass » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:03 pm

Never occurred to me that maybe that was why you chose that name topdeck! I have lovely memories of the baths too.....was it my imagination or were the summers really warm then? Would love to say I was listening to Donny Osmond as I lay sunbathing but nobody would believe me........more like Cliff and Elvis, as it was at least a generation earlier!

Return to “Warrenpoint Municipal Baths from 1906”