oldwarrenpointforum

It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:31 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:23 pm 

Just reading a few old posts here and wondering what is happening to the baths these days? The website saveourbaths.com seems to be down. It's such a pity to have a 100+ year old structure sitting idle with no use being made of it, isn't it?

I know the annual Gunnaway / Gannaway Rock swim takes place from beside the baths and that the annual Rostrevor to Warrenpoint and Carlingford to Warrenpoint swims have their focus just beside the baths - and also the annual curragh championships take place there too. Such a pity to see the resource not being used as the point of focus for these events? Maybe a BBQ could be held within the site after the events? The sandy beach beside the baths is getting used quite a bit when the weather is nice.

I know that East Coast have their base there, but I don't recall ever seeing anything going on inside the baths despite the good work being done by the Cummings'. Maybe they do use the buildings (apart from the underneath storage) and maybe I've just never noticed in passing. The banana boat looks like good fun, by the way...

Was the sluice valve ever fixed? And were the drain tanks ever cleaned out? It's like a cliffhanger at the end of a season of House of Cards or the like.

Any information would be great. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 4:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The last information we had was from this post in June last year

http://www.oldwarrenpointforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=11098#p102948

As yet nothing more has come forward but I understand that a funding application has been made (or is in the process of) and we simply have to wait for that to progress through.