oldwarrenpointforum

Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring so I go back to being myself
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:13 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:58 pm 

I would suspect that Termonfeckin is in the first photograph..........

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:00 pm 

as far as i remember two of the team in the back row in the first picture hitched it from newry and were friends of tony o hare

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:04 pm 

You could well be right CT.......................someone who went into exile in County Louth !!....................Mmmm..............

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:08 pm 

termonfeckin wrote:
as far as i remember two of the team in the back row in the first picture hitched it from newry and were friends of tony o hare

Correct again..........there may have been more than two...............Collectively known as `The Bhoys`

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:50 am 

dukestreet wrote:
Paddy Daly and his family probably moved to Jack White's Corner about the late 1950's, I am not sure, but I do remember the house being built when we were only youngsters.
Paddy Daly ran a block making business where Noel Rooney lives now, the Daly family lived in the house on the corner where Joe Rooney lives now.
Paddy Daly used to grow melons in his garden,and when we were kids, about 1960, we(Bingo White, Patsy Ruddy & myself) jumped to over the wall and whipped them out of the ground, i have to say back then, but I was very disapointed with melons.
The late Paddy 'Buttons' Ruddy was a valued employee of the Daly firm, until the unfortunate Buttons had an accident with the block-making machinery, when he lost some fingers in the afforementioned accident. This happened about 1958, as the Ruddy family were living in Forth Avenue then. We use to walk to school with Patsy and Francie (Monk), and their father would wave to us every morning on the way past.
Last year I saw John Daly coming down from the house, maybe he was taking a nostalgic look at his old home, I think he lives in Dublin now.
Would he be about 65 now?
Paddy Daly was an Armagh man originally,I think, but he married Annie Newbanks from Post Office St./ Mary St.,she was a great friend of Rosaleen Kelly from Duke St.
I hope I am correct with those details.
Would the Daly/Newbanks family have lived in the house where the Lynch's were reared?

Thank you for that little bit of family history. My father John has been living in London since 1986, he's 74 now and like my Grandfather Paddy a keen gardener. No melons though.