Ayers Rock etc.

Our forum members are a well travelled bunch, this section is for photographs of places around the world taken by forum members on their travels, or by ex-pats living away from home.
greengreengrass

Ayers Rock etc.

#1 Post by greengreengrass » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:44 pm

Finally got to The Rock this time almost 50 years after first seeing a photo of it and I have to say it took my breath away....such a spectacular, earthy, spiritual place. Tha sunset was amazing...the way the rock changed colour at different times of the day was incredible, brown, purple, red, orange, black....words couldn't do it justice!
The Harley trip was good fun and was another thing that had featured pretty high on my bucket list.......but all good things come to an end and now it's back to reality for me.

Marion

Re: Ayers Rock etc.

#2 Post by Marion » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Wow - looks spectacular, ggg. The fifth pic from the end would be a great subject for a pastel drawing with its bands of blue sky, ochre rock and green shrub land.

northbrook

#3 Post by northbrook » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:03 pm

Amazing sight !! great pics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

xpaddy

#4 Post by xpaddy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:16 pm

ggg - great photos.
Very daring of you to hop on a
Harley and go.
Glad you enjoyed the trip.

greengreengrass

#5 Post by greengreengrass » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:54 pm

It was a memorable few days..........I couldn't help wishing some of our more photographically (is there such a word?!) minded members had been there...my little point and shoot wasn't really up to it, but I guess the images are so indelibly imprinted in my mind that I only have to close my eyes and visualise it. I blame (and thank!) The National Geogaphic for my obsession with Ayers Rock......I think I was fourteen when I first saw a photo of it and filed it away in a corner of my brain 'to be visited' at a later stage!

GREENGRASS
My real name: Ged McKinley

#6 Post by GREENGRASS » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Brilliant pictures ggg... You have maybe unleashed a monster in the back of my head there, I always thought it was a lovely place to visit, and maybe someday soon I just might be able to do just that, it's now on my, "To do list before I die"...

Thanks for sharing with us.. :genius:

Return to “Around the world”