oldwarrenpointforum

Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring so I go back to being myself
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:14 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:02 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:18 pm 

Nice one Victor, reminds of one we took a few years ago. See Milford Sound,Auckland and I think Port Chalmers (Duneden) among your pics. I have a feeling you probably visited Lyttelton (for Christchurch) also, my relatives emigrated to NZ in the late 1800`s and lived in Lyttelton, we were able to visit their old home on Godley Quay when we were there, Happy days :cheers:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:29 pm 

Victor - more nice photos.
I particularly like the 3rd one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:21 pm 

northbrook wrote:
Nice one Victor, reminds of one we took a few years ago. See Milford Sound,Auckland and I think Port Chalmers (Duneden) among your pics. I have a feeling you probably visited Lyttelton (for Christchurch) also, my relatives emigrated to NZ in the late 1800`s and lived in Lyttelton, we were able to visit their old home on Godley Quay when we were there, Happy days :cheers:

Hi Northbrook
Since the earthquake the cruise ships have not been docking at Lyttelton. It was an hour and a half bus journey from where we were tendered ashore to visit Christchurch so we didn't go. Aparently on the previous cruise winds prevented passengers getting back on board and the had to overnight in Christchurch until the next morning before getting back onboard. We had great weather for the whole six weeks, around 25C every day.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:24 pm 

Great photo's :thumbs: :thumbs:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:31 pm 

Nice weather Victor about the same when we were there, I was surprised to hear Lyttelton is still not receiving the big ships but I know they did receive a lot of damage and loss of life in that last earthquake, a very interesting unspoilt small town with a very important harbour, a bit like the Point in many ways although they are situated inside an extinct volcano, anyhow I`m sure you had plenty to see and do. What did you think of Milford Sound ? We thought it was amazing :cheers:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:47 pm 

northbrook wrote:
Nice weather Victor about the same when we were there, I was surprised to hear Lyttelton is still not receiving the big ships but I know they did receive a lot of damage and loss of life in that last earthquake, a very interesting unspoilt small town with a very important harbour, a bit like the Point in many ways although they are situated inside an extinct volcano, anyhow I`m sure you had plenty to see and do. What did you think of Milford Sound ? We thought it was amazing :cheers:

Milford Sound was amazing. Visited three fiords and it was a fantastic day. I have so many photos to wade through!
Stayed with a very wealthy friend in Malaysia but he is very cautious about any photos of his family or home being posted anywhere on the internet as they are afraid of his children being kidnapped and held to ransom. Security at his home was very tight. He had two chauffeurs who didn't know where he lived! He drove to his office to meet them there.