Warrenpoint National Flute Band

From dance bands to disco's, Brass bands to Silver, Funfair's and anything else related to entertainment in the area
dukestreet

Re: Warrenpoint National Flute Band

#31 Post by dukestreet » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:59 pm

bornandbread, would you mind reprinting all the Christian names of the Warrenpoint National Flute.
There are two Mr. Clarkes, a J. and a James, is that correct?

bornandbred

#32 Post by bornandbred » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:35 pm

Looks like there are 2 Clarkes dukestreet - these are the names on the original photo.

Front Row: (left to right) F. Smyth; M. Durkan; Wm. Burns; B. Hanna; Paddy Mackrell; H. McGuigan.

Second Row: (left to right) Jimmy Carr; Joe McGuigan; P. McAnulty; C. Caulfield; J. Burns; D. Caulfield.

Third Row: (left to right) H. Smyth; Jack Moore; P. McCaughey; Hugh Carr;
J. Clarke; Jas. Clarke; Matt Doran; H. O’Prey; B. Gallagher; J. Burns; J. Caulfield; H. McCormack.

Back Row: (left to right) J. McAnulty; J. Hanna; J. Caulfield; P. O’Hagan; Bernard Carr; P. Cunningham; P. Durkan; J. Burns.

the gap
My real name: Art Gallagher

#33 Post by the gap » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:17 am

the gap wrote:Thank for posting that info Maurice. I have never heard of Hugh Gallagher before this where did he go to is he still alive.I will ask Dennis Gallagher if he has any photo,s of our grandfathers together or may be the Mc Keown,s in Newry might have some. It looks like i shall be busy when i go home next week :D It will keep me away from the high stools :drunk:
Just a few bits of info i was sent last week Hugh Gallagher went to live with with his aunt Kitty Magee(Gallagher) in Lurgan he stayed with her well into his twentys after serving in the Irish Army he went to live in Warrington England,he died sometime in the 50s.

Return to “Bands & Entertainment”