Everything related to all forms of transportation in the Carlingford lough area.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Click to Enlarge
Photo from the National Library of Ireland's Lawrence collection.
This is the Paddle Steamer PS Greenore, It was built by J.P. Rennoldson for the London and North Western Railway in 1894, the smallest and the last paddle steamer operated by the company. It was used for passenger services on Carlingford Lough.
Renamed PS Cloughmore when a new Greenore was ordered in 1912. and was sold in April 1922 to the Ribble Passenger Transport Company Ltd who renamed her Ribble Queen.
It was put to work on excursion services from Preston to Southport and Liverpool, but these were not successful and they finished in 1925, and it was broken up in 1928.