Warrenpoint Youth Team 1974

All sports club articles and pictures, anything related to sport.
patMG07
My real name: an unusual name...McGivern !

Warrenpoint Youth Team 1974

#1 Post by patMG07 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:05 am

From a Newry Reporter dated 29th August 1974.

Caption reads as follows:

'Pictured is the Warrenpoint Youth Team that participates in the Carnbane League. Standing, left to right,
G Boyle, L McKinley, S Carr, P McGrath, K O'Hare. In Front, C. Moore, B Horridge, Brian Murphy mascot, M Moore, B Delahunt. Seniors in picture. Left to right, B Murphy, W Horridge, P McGrath and P Moore, Manager.
'

fourthroad

Re: Warrenpoint Youth Team 1974

#2 Post by fourthroad » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:23 am

Greengreengrass will love this photo, where does time go wonderful photo. :--)

greengreengrass

#3 Post by greengreengrass » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:55 pm

fourthroad wrote:Greengreengrass will love this photo, where does time go wonderful photo. :--)
Yeah.........she does fourthroad!! Isn't it a cracker? Hard to believe it's 38 years ago. Sad to think that none of the seniors are still with us.
I'm wondering was Sean Daly closed that year......or why is Bryan jnr's hair looking like he hasn't been to a barber in a long time?! :shocked: :rotfl:

Many thanks for posting Pat.

Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Post by Brian » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:17 pm

I thought that Looked familiar so had a look - and yes here it is from 5 years ago :shocked:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=312

patMG07
My real name: an unusual name...McGivern !

#5 Post by patMG07 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:26 pm

You've got a great memory Brian....I would tend to forget a photo even if it was posted last week !

On a technical point....sometimes when I scan newspaper photos I get a sort of pattern across the image and with a bit of trial and error I eventually get a half decent copy. Is there some recommended setting for newspaper scans that I should use?

greengreengrass

#6 Post by greengreengrass » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:12 pm

Just checking your link Brian.........I didn't think I'd seen it before............and obviously I hadn't as I would've added my tuppence worth if I had! The replies came in '07 and early in '08 before I became a member. Strange that I hadn't come across it though as I often spend hours browsing through the early posts........I suppose there's probably plenty more I haven't seen yet.
I was wondering if you could put that one on facebook? I think some of the lads would enjoy it.

Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by Brian » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:30 pm

Pat, I tend to use a high resolution when scanning (from 300dpi up) and very rarely come across the "Moire" effect but its fairly easy to get rid of.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/glossary/l/blmoire.htm

Rene, I rarely put actual photos on facebook these days - I normally just post a link instead (there are copyright issues with facebook so as a rule unless I own the photo I don't post it) But since you asked :D

greengreengrass

#8 Post by greengreengrass » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:19 pm

Brian wrote: Rene, I rarely put actual photos on facebook these days - I normally just post a link instead (there are copyright issues with facebook so as a rule unless I own the photo I don't post it) But since you asked :D
Many thanks Brian....I appreciate that. Don't know why but when I 'shared' it on my fb page I lost the two sides....but most people will be able to see the one you posted anyway I s'pose! :thank you:

Return to “Sports activities”