oldwarrenpointforum

Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring so I go back to being myself
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There are a few reasons for that, most I have already covered in various parts of the forum but just in case nobody saw that I will explain again.

These are the most common reasons, in no particular order:

User name or email address offensive/rude/just plain daft -
Think carefully about your choice of user-name, this is a world-wide forum and something funny in your language may mean something else! if in doubt, google it.

Failure to read and respond to the registration acknowledgement email: -
This is actually the most common reason, when you first join you get an email telling you that the administrator has to activate your account, most people for some odd reason stop reading there, despite big capitol letters telling them to read on. For anti-spam reasons I am not going to repeat the instructions here, but it is VERY important you read and respond to that email properly, no response means no membership. We do check all applications, and anybody who has not responded to the request in the email after 7 days will have to re-apply to join again.

Response emails going to "junk" email in-boxes:
I have no control over this, the boards email responses sometimes end up in your email "junk" or Spam folders, if you join and get no response check your junk/spam folders and remember to mark any mail from the board as "not spam" the main email address's used by the board are:

oldwarrenpoint@btinternet.com
oldwarrenpoint@gmail.com

using an email registered to a domain or host known for excessive spam
Unfortunately we have to occasionally turn off applications from domains such as hotmail.com or gmail.com due to excessive spam (these are only 2 examples) if you have an email address that gets rejected because of this you can simply email us and we will turn off the filter until you join.

Known spammer -
Easy, every single application I receive is checked on a forum spam database, if your email or domain is in there - no admittance for you, so you can keep your watches and medical enhancements thank you.

Finally, it is possible sometimes that an application can go astray, if you hear nothing within 24 hours of application, get in touch via any of the boards emails and let me know your user-name and date of application and I will have a look.

This may seem a little strict, but the fact is that in the 8 or so years that the forum has been active I have not had one single spammer get through. Something I am quite proud of and I intend to keep it that way :D (of course now that I have said that one will probably sneak in) :bad computer:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]