oldwarrenpointforum

Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring so I go back to being myself
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Generally everything on the forum has been submitted by our members, other local people, or gathered from the Internet and/or local press.

Please note however, that although quite a few pictures and articles on the forum have been submitted for our enjoyment, they are still subject to copyright for commercial purposes.

While we actively encourage people to post pictures and comment on them, we ask our members not to copy or reprint these pictures unless it is strictly for their own personal use. (such as to display on their wall at home, or show to a relative that does not have Internet access.)

If you see a picture on here that you feel should not be here, or violates any personal copyright, please email oldwarrenpoint@btinternet.com and we will remove it.

Further to this, members and non members are reminded that they are not permitted to repost any article or photograph from this website without the prior consent of the copyright holder, if you have hosted a photograph or article taken directly from here on your own website or blog, please make sure you have at least credited the original poster/owner of the work submitted.

If you have any questions about this, please get in touch and we will be glad to help.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Could I remind all forum members (and non members) who take photographs from the forum and post them on other sites to please mention that they have done so when they post them.

Specifically if they are not your own pictures and it is clear on site who owns them could you please get permission from the photo owner or at the very least mention their name.

We need to ask this because we have recently received complaints about pictures being used without permission on other websites. The pictures in question were given to us with the understanding that they were only to be used on the forum and nowhere else, and if this practice continues they may ask us to remove the pictures completely.

Alternatively, you could always post a link back to the section the photo is in.

I’d also just like to point out that the vast majority of people who give photographs do so freely and without any conditions but we do need to observe copyright when asked and it’s only fair that we do so. :D