oldwarrenpointforum

Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring so I go back to being myself
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:42 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:06 pm 

Brian wrote:

Myself, cousin Julie, Neil and cousin Christopher McCabe on "The Wall" outside 33

As they are now

Julie with her family now and Chris with his wife Liz.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:05 pm 

Victor - lovely photos.
It's nice to see them as children,
and then as adults.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:15 pm 

jinty wrote:
Did no-one comment on the gorgerous bridesmaid.... sob....sob :xmassmile:

Jennifer i think you looked great. I can remember standing on you Nan's wall waiting for Violet and Gregory to stop at the house. Violet was beautiful and the first bride i saw close up! I can't be sure but I think they stopped to see Granny McCabe I could be totally wrong here. I do remember you letting me dress up in your bridesmaids dress and the beautiful matching shoes. I also remember going up to visit Violet in the mobile home with Sylvia,up behind the clinic. Happy days...

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:12 pm 

yellowline3 wrote:
jinty wrote:
Did no-one comment on the gorgerous bridesmaid.... sob....sob :xmassmile:

Jennifer i think you looked great. I can remember standing on you Nan's wall waiting for Violet and Gregory to stop at the house. Violet was beautiful and the first bride i saw close up! I can't be sure but I think they stopped to see Granny McCabe I could be totally wrong here. I do remember you letting me dress up in your bridesmaids dress and the beautiful matching shoes. I also remember going up to visit Violet in the mobile home with Sylvia,up behind the clinic. Happy days...

You're right about Greg and Violet stopping to see granny McCabe after the wedding, as she was very ill. She died while they were on their honeymoon. She always had a 'soft spot' for Greg.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:32 pm 

Hi Victor, Glad to know that my memory is not working too badly.My mum wasn't sure if it was Granny McCabe or Granny Cole that they stopped to see but i only remember Granny Mc Cabe. I also remember you and Caroline comming down with Julie as a new baby and being allowed to push her in the pram up and down the street. That is a beautiful photo of her with her own family she looks very like Caroline and Christopher looks very like you.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:07 am 

Brian wrote:
I have actually found a set of rental deeds that my Great Grandfather Charlie signed back in 1933 for 33 Church street....

From that document I learned the house was called "Taradale" and the rent was £40 a year. You could not rent a room for a week for that these days, let alone a house :shock:

How on earth did you find these? I'd be very interested to find the same for the McGuffins at 29 Church St.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:47 pm 

yellowline3 wrote:
Hi Victor, Glad to know that my memory is not working too badly.My mum wasn't sure if it was Granny McCabe or Granny Cole that they stopped to see but i only remember Granny Mc Cabe. I also remember you and Caroline comming down with Julie as a new baby and being allowed to push her in the pram up and down the street. That is a beautiful photo of her with her own family she looks very like Caroline and Christopher looks very like you.

Hi I assume I am communicating with Theresa McAnulty????Or whatever your married name is? Yellowline3 doesn't really tell me much!!

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:23 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

sfriers wrote:
How on earth did you find these? I'd be very interested to find the same for the McGuffins at 29 Church St.

They were in some old folder we found at home, if any are about for 29 they would have been kept with all the other legal documents, I can only assume whoever was last in the house (or the landlords family) would have them?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:09 pm 

Sorry Victor I should have signed my name its Feirin McAnulty (McArdle) the one after Theresa. Im not great with this computer, as Brian could tell you! a bit afraid of pressing the wrong thing on it. I need lots more practice.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:03 am 

yellowline3 wrote:
Sorry Victor I should have signed my name its Feirin McAnulty (McArdle) the one after Theresa. Im not great with this computer, as Brian could tell you! a bit afraid of pressing the wrong thing on it. I need lots more practice.

Thanks Feirin. Probably wouldn't have been able to spell your christian name anyway!! It's a long time since we were neighbours. Hope your mum and all of the family are well. Have you followed in your mum's tradition with the harp which we used to enjoy listening to.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:21 am 

Mum and everyone are well Victor, thanks for asking. Plenty of instruments being played in the family but sadly no one took up the harp.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:43 am 

:D Great Photos Brian, do you think anyone will figure out who everyone is?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

One more for the family history page - This is the late Billy and Nellie McCabe's granddaughter Judith McCabe-Wells (David and Sylvia's daughter) who carried the Northern Ireland Royal British Legion Standard at the Festival of Remembrance in the Royal Albert Hall this weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:55 am 

Fascinating family history Brian , Your grandad made me welcome when we came here to live , and we used to have great craic together.

We were kindred spirits as we both smoked pipes , his choice was clan . He was a kind man always smiling