US Army at Narrow Water castle

Information, articles, stories photographs and memory's from the 1st and 2nd world wars.
Brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

US Army at Narrow Water castle

#1 Post by Brian » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:41 pm

Thanks to Christina Finnegan who spotted this on eBay:

Text on advert reads:
WWII / WW2 U.S. Army, 5th Infantry Division, 3rd Platoon, CO. D. 2nd Infantry, Unit Photographs taken at Camp Narrow Water, Warrenpoint, County Down, No. IRELAND, Halls Castle. Soldier’s Named on Back of Photograph, Two (2) Different Photographs. Original WWII large size black and white photographs of a section of the U.S. Army 5th Infantry Division taken in Ireland.

Both of these WWII Photographs were obtained together and they are both mounted onto the same type thick paper frames. The photographs each measure about 8 1/8” x 6 1/8” and the cardboard frames measure about 11 3/4” x 8 5/8” and 12 1/2” x 10” inches.

The back of the smaller of the Photograph has a list of all of the Soldier’s in the Photographs and the Unit Identification and location of the Photographs. The larger of the two (2) photographs has a larger group of 5th Infantry Soldier’s and must be a group photo of a couple of Platoons. The larger mounted photograph does not have any writing on the back. The Photographs are in great condition and very clear.

U.S. SHIPPING ONLY. NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS.
Click on each photo to enlarge:

DetroitKelly

Re: US Army at Narrow Water castle

#2 Post by DetroitKelly » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:48 am

My grandfather is likely in the large, unlabeled photo. (He was a cook and most likely didn't rate a place in the other smaller photo.) Could you email these to me please? I tried to get them off Photobucket and couldn't figure out how to do it.

ec1968
My real name: Eúnan Carr

#3 Post by ec1968 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:39 pm

On the offchance that my Grandfather is in the larger photo I bought them!

When they arrive, I'll scan them properly and put them on the site. I'll also let anyone who is interested come and see them!

Many thanks to Brian and Christina for highlighting these.

DetroitKelly

#4 Post by DetroitKelly » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:21 am

ec1968 wrote:On the offchance that my Grandfather is in the larger photo I bought them!

When they arrive, I'll scan them properly and put them on the site. I'll also let anyone who is interested come and see them!

Many thanks to Brian and Christina for highlighting these.
So you're the one! I wanted to buy them for the same reason. I'm sorry I drove up the price a bit. I look forward to the new scans. Thank you.

Dragonfly

#5 Post by Dragonfly » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:00 pm

Would have loved to have bought that photo.

brian og

#6 Post by brian og » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:52 pm

Hi
My father was a young lad when the yanks where here and would love to see the originals, if possible you can contact me on 07752975703
Regards Brian og Connolly

DavidG
My real name: David

#7 Post by DavidG » Sat May 31, 2014 10:46 am

Did those pictures arrive? I also would like to see them - I might have a few old pictures also and will take a look.

Return to “The War years in South Down”