oldwarrenpointforum

Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring so I go back to being myself
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:45 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: New name and update
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:06 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Members of the Good Friday Agreement Implementation Committee with members of the Narrow Water Bridge Community Network (NWBCN)
Michael Kitt TD Peter Fitzpatrick TD, Senator Jim D’arcy, Senator Jack Wall, Senator Mary Moran, Margaret Ritchie MP, Conor Murphy MP

Narrow Water Bridge Community Network (formerly Narrow Water Bridge Action Group) met with the Good Friday Agreement Implementation Committee in the Whistledown Hotel on Thursday 13 November.
The discussion chaired by Mr Frank Kitt TD began with a forceful and insightful presentation by Jim Boylan, chair of NWBCN, outlining our current position. Discussions around the table proved to be extremely supportive of the ‘Bridge”.

‘Option 5’ for the Southern Relief Road was again outlined by the Narrow Water Bridge Community Network, a route crossing the Newry River at Narrow Water and accessing the A1/M1 through the Flagstaff and Clontygora.

This project has always been proposed by NWBCN as primarily a means of significantly improving the economic and social prospects of the communities that surround Carlingford Lough. Building a bridge at Narrow Water has the added dimension of being an iconic, structure symbolizing the new-found peace on this island. We are acutely aware that delivery of this project is fundamentally about people, and not politics.

The Narrow Water Bridge Community Network have accepted the invitation of the Good Friday Implementation Committee to visit the Oireachtas early in the new year to take the issue a step further and to discuss the issues with political leaders.

Post subject: Re: New name and update
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:49 pm 

Forceful and insightful that's the Jim Boylan I know ..love the Gene Krupa look by the way Jim. I appreciate there is quite a bit to be done, but there is the welcome fragrance of optimism about this campaign, more power to their collective elbows.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:29 am 

Hearing "fast" Eddie may have done for us..is there to be no relief southern or otherwise for Bridge campaign ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:46 am 

~x( ????????? ~x(