oldwarrenpointforum

Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring so I go back to being myself
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:32 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Following a meeting held in Warrenpoint Town Hall to discuss the development of the Narrow Water Bridge, the Chambers of Commerce Presidents in Kilkeel, Newry Warrenpoint and Dundalk issued the following joint statement:

The Chambers of Commerce in Warrenpoint, Newry, Kilkeel and Dundalk are urgently requesting that an innovative strategy be developed and implemented by Louth County Council, Newry and Mourne District Council and the East Border Regional Committee to identify the necessary resources required to meet the funding shortfall for the proposed Narrow Water Bridge Project.

The four Chamber of Commerce Presidents stated that the construction of the Narrow Water Bridge was crucial for the continued development of tourism business growth and economic relationships in the Newry and Mourne and Louth regions.

They called for immediate support from the Northern Ireland Assembly, Dail Eireann and Westminster to jointly use their resources to ensure one of the largest capital projects in Northern Ireland is completed as per the original timetable.

Signed

Paddy Matthews, President of Dundalk Chamber of Commerce

Mark Kelly, President of Warrenpoint, Burren and Rostrevor Chamber of Commerce

Cathal Austin, President of Newry Chamber of Commerce and Trade

James Cunningham, President of Kilkeel Chamber of Commerce