oldwarrenpointforum

Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring so I go back to being myself
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:36 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
The Narrow Water Bridge has encountered some problems.

The Narrow Water Bridge was granted €17 million by the Special European Union Programmes Board. Both the Government of the Republic of Ireland and the Northern Ireland Executive will have to contribute just under £2 million each as the contribution from each jurisdiction. The money has been assured from the coalition government of the South. On the other hand the contribution from the Northern Ireland Executive has had to undergo an economic appraisal which began last October and usually takes three months. Here we are three months have gone by and Sammy Wilson has not completed his appraisal. He is apparently playing cynical games with the economic future of our region. He runs a department that should assure employment for our young people and he will not take a decision. Politics in Northern Ireland do not work for us.

The Narrow Water Bridge is now in an even more precarious situation. After the offer of funding from the Special European Union Programmes Board the government of the Republic of Ireland signed a ‘Bridge Order’ this process must happen in Northern Ireland too. This not surprisingly has not happened and the process in Danny Kennedy’s Department of Regional Development has not even begun. Either someone has ‘forgotten’ or deliberately omitted to complete this process.

If you want to support the Narrow Water Bridge project make contact with your MLA, MP, Danny Kennedy, Sammy Wilson, Martin McGuinness, Peter Robinson. Write to them, email them.
Only we can make politics work for us. Make our Executive work for us, create jobs for us

cmb@drdni.gov.uk

private.office@dfpni.gov.uk

ps.ministers@ofmdfmni.gov.uk

Narrow Water Bridge Action Group

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:27 am 

It is essential that you hit the private offices with correspondence. You should also write to your MLA asking them to either write an assembly question on the subject or even better an oral assembly question. As I have said before despite the fact that Sammy and Peter are against this it could be helped along if Sinn Fein could find something to give as a quid pro quo.