oldwarrenpointforum

Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring so I go back to being myself
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:17 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:21 pm 

Hi,

Great forum, very interesting. I'm tracing my grandfather's family and have discovered that Patrick and Mary Morgan, Church Lane are my great great grandparents.

My Grandfather was James Smith, his father Arthur Smith married Annie Morgan (in 1907) and she was a daughter of Patrick & Mary Morgan of church lane.

James and his brother William Joseph Smith were born in Warrenpoint 1909 & 1912. After WWI Annie & Arthur Smith moved to Kent, England, possibly at the same time as Mary Morgan who remarried after the war.

I've tried to contact user Khan (Pauline) but I'm not sure if she is still around ? does anybody else have any articles, photos relating to the Morgan family. I've identified all of Annie Morgan's brothers and sisters, William, James,John,Patrick, Francis, Elizabeth,Mary(Maria), Catherine but am still missing some birth dates etc.

There is a picture of a Patrick Morgan on the post below, would this be the same family, slightly confused by the rodgers reference in the photo of Maria.

http://www.oldwarrenpointforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12609&p=105844&hilit=morgan#p105844

Unfortunately some photos are not visible, (hosting problems, fee etc) does anybody have any copies of the photos of the Morgan brothers who went to war (WWI) John and Frances or Spuddy Morgan as a POW ?

Look forward to hearing from ...anybody :sos:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can you show me the posts where the photobucket problem is - I may be able to recover the photos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:58 am 

Brothers-In-Arms WW1-John & Patrick Morgan was one post where two photos are not visible, there is another post showing Patrick Morgan returning from being a POW, I'll look for that.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:14 am 

I've found another photo in the following post , A picture of James Morgan

'Down another lane! 1940s'

Still looking for Patrick Spuddy Morgan POW photo, its in here somewhere

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've attached the photos to the thread now

http://www.oldwarrenpointforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1673&p=15977#p15977

The problem with photobucket is they removed free 3rd party hosting after over 10 years with no warning. So a lot of posts are missing photos - if I am notified I can (sometimes) access the photos manually and rehost them - but as there are so many its an almost impossible task for me to even attempt to start but I'll just have to work away in the background and fix them as I find them

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:54 pm 

Hi Brian,

thanks for adding the photos, can you confirm which photo was positioned on the left hand side when it was originally posted,it will help me to identify the brothers based on the information provided in the post.

Are you able to retrieve the photo from the post below ?

http://www.oldwarrenpointforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=1667&p=15836&hilit=Down+another+lane%21+1940s#p15836

Thanks Colin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The bottom one would have been on the left (assuming they were uploaded numerically)

the other photo I have added back in to the thread

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:18 pm 

Thanks Brian, I've found the post relating to the POW photos, could you see if the photos could be reloaded ?

http://www.oldwarrenpointforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1672

Colin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Photobucket seems to have caught on to the methods I was using to access the photos as I was only able to get this one before I was locked out

Attachments:
Main.jpg
Main.jpg [ 87.73 KiB | Viewed 433 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:19 pm 

Thanks Brian, we can see a resemblance between my grandfather and his Uncle Patrick.