oldwarrenpointforum

It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: McKinley's
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:00 pm 

Good morning. I must thank you for this forum as in my search of my family background in Ireland I came across this forum. My mother quite often frequented Warrenpoint and now I know why. My mothers maiden name was Margaret Kinley. Her Father was Samuel Kinley and moved from Ireland after the 1st war to Canada. While surfing his diary from 1948 I came across a name and address of one William McKinley on Charlotte Street. And while surfing the internet found this forum. William was my grandfathers brother. So far I have found their births via 1901 census 1892 and 93 when living in Loughbrickland with their Grandfather William McCully who had a daughter named Margaret who married their father Samuel in 1891. I also found William and Samuels war records from 1915-1919. Both parent died young with Margaret dying before Samuel. Both died before the war so I assume this is why they lived with the Grandfather in 1901. But now I am stumped as to where they were born and where there father Samuel was born. If any of the McKinley's have any information I would really appreciate the help. Thank yo again so much for this forum, wonderful history and pictures.

Post subject: Re: McKinley's
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:04 pm 
VIP
VIP

Great to hear from you Douge, Im Aidan Mc Kinley, Grandson of William (Willy) Mc Kinley. I will try and find out as much info as I can for you. Another success for the Oldwarrenpointforum, for successfully connecting us!! :-):-)

Post subject: Re: McKinley's
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:29 pm 

My great grandmother is Ann McKinley from Killeen - when I visited Killeen churchyard there was a large headstone dedicated to the McKinleys. My great grandmother married Thomas Mullen - as yet I haven't found a date for the death of Ann McKinley. I do know that there was a big family of McKinleys in Killeen.